开心就好 never stop smiling! :)

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wrap up for 2009

Life has been very packed so far. I just completed 2 camps and came back from a short getaway from Malaysia 2 days ago. And I've been turning in only after 2am consecutively for the past 3 weeks. I'm seriously deprived of sleep.

Orange Week 19th Oct - 23rd Oct

The first project that I handle in NUS. It was quite an easy one. My job as a programmer is just to liaise with external/internal performers to conduct performances during the event. I had an overnight duty (first after ORD) at YIH with my UC mates to guard the equipments and stuff. I think I spend the night playing & mugging. Overall, it was a fun and successful event. Please refer to FB for pictures. :)

Student Leaders' Camp 15th Dec - 18th Dec

The second project. This is a challenging one. Being in the program team, we need to come up with leadership and team building games that comes with the right objectives. It's not those rah rah games you encounter during orientation camps. The team spent lots of time cracking our brains for games, and spending mugging time to meet external clients for some of the programs. Luckily, our effort paid off. Many commented that the program team did an awesome job! Hehehe. It's the team effort. And I learned a lot from being part of the SLC committee. Doubling up the role as a comm member and OGL, it isn't an easy task. I have to be with the OG at all times and at the same time, helping out as a comm member during the camp. But still, my team Power Rangers are AWESOME! If you ask me if I would join the comm again next year, my answer would definitely be a YES!

Photobucket
[SLC'09 Committee]

Photobucket
[SLC'09 Proggies]

Photobucket
Photobucket
[Team Power Rangers]

Photobucket
[They DAI-DEE everywhere they go!
*Background: Some overhead bridge in Bukit Timah]

For more pictures, please refer to FB.

Science SWEAT! Camp 21st Dec - 23rd Dec

Immediately after SLC, I went for Science Sports Camp. It was a fun filled camp with all the addictive sports games that were incorporated into the programs. We had wakeboarding, chute ball, paintball, highelements, banana boat and sentosa beach games. Something that might spoil your appetite, Roy was the Best Camper for SWEAT!. Don't ask me why, cause I myself also do not know what I've done. Waha. After breaking camp, team Bah Ku Teh (my OG) went for lunch and AVATAR @ Plaza. I was sleeping throughout the movie. Not that the movie is too boring, I was too tired already.

Photobucket
[Team Bah Ku Teh]

Photobucket
Photobucket
[Tazzians Unite!]

Photobucket
[I love the speaker!]

Photobucket
[I was dunked]

For more pictures, please refer to FB.

Malaysia Getaway 24th Dec - 27th Dec

After the consecutive 2 camps, I went to Msia with my family. Initially I was reluctant to go cause I had plans for Xmas in SG already, but still, I went ahead. I was glad that I make the right choice of going cause it was the best Msia trip ever!
On Xmas eve, the whole gang of us went KTV to countdown. It was totally crazy.
On Xmas, we went for cheap movie munching on the cheap popcorn combo and sitting in the freezing cinema. The tickets cost only 4SGD!
On Boxing day, we went to OldTown to chill and play for a good 3hours. Had an awesome time.

Pictures come later, paiseh!


Amidst all these fun filling activities, there came a piece of terrible news. My semester 1 results.
It was bad, horribly bad. A figure that I never would imagine myself getting. I mugged so hard yet the result showed nothing. Haiz. Luckily, there were friends around me giving words of encouragement. Thank you all :)

"Result isn't everything."
This is how I console myself, haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home